Source Attribution in Funnel
Source Attribution in Funnel
Funnel captures every touchpoint a property has with a prospect, from the moment they submit an inquiry onwards. Every touch is recorded on the prospect timeline, and Funnel captures two primary sources per guest card “Lead Source” and “Discovery Source”. In order to capture these sources, proper implementation of the Funnel Contact Forms is required. Click here for a word version of the job aid.
Funnel Contact Forms
- Appointment Scheduling Widget: The appointment scheduling widget allows prospects to self-schedule their desired appointment type directly from the property website.
- Click here to review the steps to embed the Appointment Scheduling Widget onto a property website.
- Lead Capture Widget: The lead capture widget allows prospects to submit a “contact us” card from the property website.
- Click here to review the steps to embed the Lead Capture Widget onto a property website.
- Funnel API Documentation: See the campaign_info field on the client’s endpoint
- Click here to review the Funnel API documentation
Lead Source vs. Discovery Source
The lead and discovery source will display under the Marketing section on the guest card.
- Lead Source refers to the way the prospect became a lead for the property. This is typically recorded automatically by Funnel when a lead is received. This is added by lead tracking through a specific ILS, campaign, etc. If a lead is added manually the lead source can be selected.
- Discovery Source refers to the way the prospect says they discovered the property. This can be captured from the prospect on a contact form or tour scheduler, or manually added to the guest card by an agent once the agent begins engaging with the prospect. It is typically presented as the question "How did you hear about us?".
Many of Funnel's clients run advertising campaigns or use organic sources to drive traffic to the property websites and would like to capture that information in Funnel. Funnel can accept data about these sources, often referred to as "referrers" and delivered via UTM parameters passed through the Funnel API. These parameters can be passed through the campaign_info field via the Clients Endpoint or by setting up the website contact forms in a specific way. Funnel allows the client to specify any string in the campaign_info field. The client can then map the campaign_info data to a specific lead source on the marketing settings tab in Funnel. The actual campaign_info field can be found associated with the prospect in the Prospect Status Report.
Users with permissions to Manage Distribution Settings will have access to map the campaign_info field in Funnel. Follow the below steps to map new campaign_info fields.
- In Funnel, select the Profile in the top right corner
- Click Settings
- Navigate to the Marketing Tab
- Enter the Campaign ID and select the corresponding Lead Source
- Click Create
- When a campaign ID is associated with a lead source, the specified lead source will be set when a lead is received with the campaign ID.
Funnel uses three different attribution methodologies in the Attribution Reports: First Touch, Last Touch and Positional (40,20,40). Any of these attribution models can be run on Lead Source, Discovery Source, Medium or Category.
- First Touch: The first touch is given credit for the prospect’s conversion
- Last Touch: The last touch is given full credit for the prospect’s conversion
- Positional (40,20,40): The first touch is given 40% of the credit, the last touch is given 40% of the credit, and any middle touches are given 20% split evenly.
Q. What happens if there are multiple lead or discovery sources?
A. If multiple values for Lead Source or Discovery Source are recorded, Funnel will display the first on the guest
card, but will factor all touches into reports and will be displayed on the timeline. The first lead source recorded
on the guest card will be locked and cannot be edited. The discovery source is editable at any point.
Q. Can we have custom lead or discovery sources?
A. Funnel can support custom lead and discovery sources. The company’s desired list will be collected during
onboarding. If new sources are needed please reach out to your Customer Success Manager.
Q. What does Funnel consider a touch with a prospect?
A. A touch is every time someone inquires about an apartment at a property via various channels.
Revised 1.14.2021 | Source Attribution in Funnel