Source Attribution in Funnel
Source Attribution in Funnel
Overview- Funnel captures every touchpoint a property has with a prospect, from the moment they submit an inquiry onwards. Every touch is recorded on the prospect timeline, and Funnel captures two primary sources per guest card “Lead Source” and “Discovery Source”. In order to capture these sources, proper implementation of the Funnel Contact Forms is required.
Funnel Contact Forms
Appointment Scheduling Widget: The appointment scheduling widget allows prospects to self-schedule their desired appointment type directly from the property website.
- Click here to review the steps to embed the Appointment Scheduling Widget onto a property website.
Lead Capture Widget: The lead capture widget allows prospects to submit a “contact us” card from the property website.
- Click here to review the steps to embed the Lead Capture Widget onto a property website.
Funnel API Documentation: See the campaign_info field on the client’s endpoint
- Click here to review the Funnel API documentation
Lead Source vs. Discovery Source
1. Navigation- Open a Guest Card and scroll down to the Marketing section. The lead and discovery sources will display in this section.
2. Marketing Section- The Marketing section is where you can manage the opt-in/opt-out features for each Guest Card. You can also see what the lead sources and discovery sources are for each Guest Card.
- Lead Source- Refers to the way the prospect became a lead for the property. This is typically recorded automatically by Funnel when a lead is received. This is added by lead tracking through a specific ILS, campaign, etc. If a lead is added manually the lead source can be selected.
- Discovery Source- Refers to the way the prospect says they discovered the property. This can be captured from the prospect on a contact form or tour scheduler, or manually added to the guest card by an agent once the agent begin's engaging with the prospect. It is typically presented as the question "How did you hear about us?".
Marketing Attribution Report
Overview- Many of Funnel's clients run advertising campaigns or use organic sources to drive traffic to the property websites and would like to capture that information in Funnel. Funnel can accept data about these sources, often referred to as "referrers" and delivered via UTM parameters passed through the Funnel API and viewed in the Marketing Attribution Report.
1. Navigation- To view the marketing attribution sources, you can run the Marketing Attribution Report. To navigate to the report From the Dashboard, select Reports. Then select Attribution and Marketing Attribution Report.
2. Attribution Methodologies- Funnel uses three different attribution methodologies in the Attribution Reports: First Touch, Last Touch and Positional (40,20,40). Any of these attribution models can be run on Lead Source, Discovery Source, Medium or Category.
- First Touch: The first touch is given credit for the prospect’s conversion.
- Last Touch: The last touch is given full credit for the prospect’s conversion.
- Positional (40,20,40): The first touch is given 40% of the credit, the last touch is given 40% of the credit, and any middle touches are given 20% split evenly.
Setting up New Attribution
Overview- UTM parameters passed through the Funnel API can be sent through the campaign_info field via the Client’s Endpoint or by setting up the website contact forms in a specific way. Funnel allows the client to specify any string in the campaign_info field. The client can then map the campaign_info data to a specific lead source on the marketing settings tab in Funnel.
1. Navigation- From the Dashboard, click on your Profile icon in the top right corner. Then select Settings from the drop-down. Users with permissions to Manage Distribution Settings will have access to map the campaign_info field in Funnel. Follow the below steps to map new campaign_info fields.
2. Marketing tab- After you select Settings, the Settings page will load. From here, click Marketing.
3. Entering the Campaign ID- Enter the Campaign ID and select the corresponding Lead Source. Then click Create.
Note: When a campaign ID is associated with a lead source, the specified lead source will be set when a lead is received with the campaign ID.
4. Confirmation of Campaign ID- Once the Campaign ID has been created, you will receive a pop-up confirmation and you will also be able to see the Campaign ID listed in the Marketing section of the Marketing page.
1. What happens if there are multiple lead or discovery sources?
If multiple values for Lead Source or Discovery Source are recorded, Funnel will display the first on the guest card, but will factor all touches into reports and will be displayed on the timeline. The first lead source recorded on the guest card will be locked and cannot be edited. The discovery source is editable at any point.
2. Can we have custom lead or discovery sources?
Funnel can support custom lead and discovery sources. The company’s desired list will be collected during onboarding. If new sources are needed please reach out to your Customer Success Manager.
3. What does Funnel consider a touch with a prospect?
A touch is every time someone inquires about an apartment at a property via various channels.
Revised 11/07/2022 | Source Attribution in Funnel